o'clock time start that we wanted, and this was to be the tenant for the entire travel schedule of the next couple of weeks.
We had good weather but we're watching a little bit of rain that had the possibility of interrupting our track. As we traveled into Alabama and headed for our next gas stop/lunch destination we were interrupted with a little rain. Luckily we were only 500 yards or so from our destination and raised to get undercover at the gas pumps when the skies opened up. We found a place to park our bikes undercover and had lunch, by the time we came out the skies were blue but there were a few lingering dark clouds. Once again we were on our way traveling up The highway when the skies decided to open up again. I let everyone up and offramp and undercover at a gas station again. We donned our rain gear, for those of us who have it, and those who didn't we shared it's in pieces. I gave Steve Soffa my rain jacket and gator did booties while I put the rain pants on I knew I would be more accustomed to the coolness in the air then someone from La Vegas, Nevada. He was thankful for the warmth of the jacket when we got to our final destination and were able to take it off. Poor Chuck Bezile left his raingear in the big rig and was already soaked from the downpour so he just wrote on his Bourget like it was nothing.
Getting to the hotel was a little tricky, because I was using my wonderful Harley Davidson GPS which was soon to be tagged by all of the guys riding their Indians and Victorys' as the Chinese GPS. Needless to say, after that event I no longer depended on GPS to find any of our destinations! This would change my evenings for the rest of the trip!




No comments:
Post a Comment